2/14/14

Not a Muffin-Top, It's Muffin Muffin

I used to love baking muffins. Because it's easy, that's why I love. I'm gonna share you two (very) easy recipes of chocolate and vanilla muffins. Hope you'll like it!

This basic vanilla muffin delicious as they are or you can use this recipe as a starting point for adding your own variations of flavor.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
I really love how this smells, I usually put the orchid after taking the bean out, in my kitchen, so it will leave the vanilla smell a bit, which I love.

  • Or I usually what I used on the photo below, Instant muffin mix. (This is why I said, easy). HAHAHA.

  • Method :
    Preheat oven to 180 or 160 C fan-forced, place muffin papers in one 12-hole muffin tray.
    Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl
    In a jug, mix egg, milk and oil
    (or ..use the instant mix one LOL)
    Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined
    Bake for 22-25 mins.
    Leave to cool in tin for 5 mins, then tansfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.

    Notes:
    • You can vary muffin recipe by adding 1 cup of additional ingredients of your choice
    • You could use one cup of mashed banana or one cup of chocolate chips or even one cup of diced, cooked apples
    • This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung of Kidspot
    • And approved by my older sister (because she's the master of baking and cooking)
      You can find a lot more other recipes here : Food.com









      I have to admit I am not really keen on cooking or baking. But I had a great time when baking this, of course with a lot of help from people around me. That time, I was helped by Auxana, a Russian friend of mine, who loves to bake a lot. So, actually this recipe, I got it from her. Well, honestly, I didn't know if there's such instant mix, where we can easily use on baking muffins and even cake. *Sigh* I think, I should really spend a lot more time in the kitchen, since I have a daughter now.

      Anyway, this is one of my resolutions of 2014. Spending more time in the kitchen. I am inspired by my friends, who love cooking, and love posting their creations on the social media. Every time they post something, I always salivate. That is why, I want to be better in cooking and also baking. It's about time for Anya to eat solids, so I think it's time for me to learn. At least, I don't have to master in both, but I want to be able to cook something that she ask me, in the future. Come to think of it, I seldom cook and bake for Resa, well almost never! *sigh again*.

      Just last week he bought me a recipe book for baby food, maybe it was some kind of code that he also wants me to start to learn. So, yeah, in 6 weeks I will have plenty of time to do this. So let's!

      1 comments:

      Bunga Istyani said...

      GUMMIBAERCHEN <3
      *bookmarked* shall try this one out soon!

      Post a Comment

       

      Template by BloggerCandy.com