7/31/12

Books I Recently Read

It's been long since I haven't give any reviews on books I read. The last time I blogged about book review was the one I gave on The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Well actually I did read tons of books afterward, I just didn't get myself enough time to blog-review about them. Well, here, I give you two reviews of the books I recently read. It is Partikel. Partikel itself, is the fourth book from the talented famous Indonesian writer/ celeb/ songwriter Dee Lestari. Previously she wrote the three other books that have relation with Partikel, and they are : 1. Kesatria, Putri dan Bintang Jatuh, 2. Akar, and 3. Petir. I was told by 2 friends of mine, who are, too, some initiative bookworms; Agi and Valentine. They told me for a few times that I had to really buy myself time to read those three for my own's sake. I myself favor one Indonesian famous writer named Ayu Utami, and always open for the discussion about her master(pieces). Now that I already read the four of Dee's book, I can compare hers to Ayus' pieces.
Newest cover. The first book, Kesatria, Putri dan Bintang Jatuh (translated into English : Knight, Princess and The Shooting Star -if I'm not mistaken) was one inspirational and fun fiction novel from Dee. I enjoyed the book that I even only had to read it by 3 hours (and the book wasn't really thick too, actually). She put the words into some theoretical explanations which (had me in a confusion a bit) but were very superb, creative, and modern. With 231 pages, this book is very interesting to read by people who like science, because this book is dominated by scientific language that is easy to understand for those science-geekers. Although I was not one, I can easily understand by the page two about her very own style in putting such words. Creative. Okay I won't talk about this book much, because I originally wanted to do some reviews on the 4th one, Partikel.
The second book, Akar (translated into English : Root -I don't know if this right, but it seems to be like it, by literally). Akar is my one personal favorite. This novel consists of three chapters. The first piece is the bridge between the first book. This book told about a journey from someone named Bodhi, from Indonesia to Thailand, and some other countries in South East Asia. He met great people who changed his life permanently along his solo journey. I'd say this one is an inspirational book, and a natural frickin page turner. I finished this book less a day, and for me it's really hard to turn the last page without wanting some more. Luckily because I have been postponing to read Dee's pieces since ancient, I didn't have to wait until the third is being launched. So I moved my thumb directly on the third, called;
Petir (translated into English : Lightning/ Thunderbolt/ whatever..) I love this book, too but not more than the second one. This book has a story of a girl named Elektra who lives in Bandung. She has a special talent that makes people's jaw dropped. This book is more pop than the last one, but it consists stories about how people should really struggle and be creative just in order to make the wheels roll forward, people should struggle to make a living, and that's one I've learned from reading this book.
And... here it is Partikel, I sighed when I put my thumb on the last page, why? Because I finally have to wait until the next one (Gelombang dan Intelegensi Embun Pagi) until I don't know how long, and I've grew as an adult who has some majjjor Hogwarts memories issue, I haven't forgot how patient I was waiting for the next series of Harry Potter, and yet as an almost completely adult, I still have to wait for my favorite book to launch? Ouch. Well I shall give my thanks to Dee Lestari for being such a brainy brilliant writer by inventing such masterpieces. I always wonder how did she deal with splitting times in order to be a Mom and a genius writer at the same time. Well, the novel was all about a special girl named Zarah (Particle, in English - something to do with physical : In the physical sciences, a particle is a small localized object to which can be ascribed several physical properties such as volume or mass.[1][2] The word is rather general in meaning, and is refined as needed by various scientific fields). So, Zarah had this very special life-time experienced being taught by her genius (maybe natural born prodigy) father named Firas, who then the two of them were getting caught in an internal family conflicts that lead Firas to leave Zarah and his family as well. The way Dee wrote the novel was beyond astonishing. The journey that Zarah had as she's pursuing to keep on searching for her father is brilliant. The story was set in few cool locations, such as Bogor, spesifically in Batu Luhur, some restoration village that Firas once developed, and then Kalimantan, where Zarah accidentaly won a photo contest prize, and turned herself in to Orang Utan conservatory as a volunteer and met the living legend Ibu Inga, the founder of the conservatory in Kalimantan. Then comes; London, where Zarah's being invited by Paul, who works as a wildlife photographer and turned Zarah in to one, too. She had such a magical experienced by traveling around the world, to Africa, and other places too, as a wildlife photographer. Also, the meeting with the first love that she ever had, and turned out it was a pop heart breaking story (I hate this part among all, because it was too pop!). She was in the process of searching her Father by tracking the series number of her limited edition Nikon camera she was receiving as her 17th birthday gift from her Dad (Firas was kinda promised her to give it on her 17th birthday). The lessons that Firas taught Zarah since she was a little kid, led Zarah into the knowledge of fungi, and other scientifical things too. By the end chapter of this book, you will be surprised of how coincidences also helped Zarah through the searching process. Well, this book is purely a page-turner, I just sat all day reading this book without even caring of other things around me.
These were the snapshots I did on my favorite quotations from Partikel. It's all in Indonesian, but I really hope, all of you my non Indonesian blog reader could find the translated version of all these books, because they're really worth to read, especially for those who are interested in Indonesian cultural thingies. And then, here it comes to my MOST FAVORITE SEQUEL BOOK from Ayu Utami. Manjali dan Cakrabirawa. Different to Dee Lestari, Ayu Utami is verrrry Indonesia. She is a brilliant writer, she's a pure poet. She wrote every single detail in such beautiful, uncensored, true, honest and challenging words. This book is the sequel from Bilangan Fu. The story have Marja as the main character who's trapped in her own feelings toward her legitimate boyfriend Yuda and her bf's bestfriend (also, her best friend too) Parang Jati. Ayu Utami has a really unaffordable knowledge about Indonesia's history, politic, art, geography, everything Indonesian, you name it, I bet she knows. She has her own vulgar style in writing although by those who are not interested in knowing Indonesian culture and art, may still enjoy her pieces as well. The language that she uses is not common, it has sense, style, that you can't even compare it to other writers. Once you read her book, any book, and you would know for sure her writing style, and her skill. Very impressive. I would like to suggest you (force you) to read her pieces starting from Bilangan Fu, then you can move forward to Manjali dan Cakrabirawa. The story set on many political background which lead you back in the year of 1965, where Indonesia are still struggling with their political occupation in the strongest lead to be the most powerful in the country, also this tied with those several political incidents that are tangled with the communist party in Indonesia. Ayu blend all this with Marja's bizarre love triangle that happened when she had special a journey with Parang Jati. I grew a big love to the figure of Parang Jati since I have read Bilangan Fu, I can't forget how Ayu Utami repeatedly describe Parang Jati as an angel-postured guy who has the most beautiful eyes in the world. I am tied to him since the first impression I got from the 1st book. I guess, that's all I've got from these 2 books review, will continue later with Saman and Larung from Ayu Utami, later.

1 comments:

care4home said...

great Property in Marbella

I would love to see spanish salad

Hope to see more posting related to
§ Property in Marbella

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com