4/23/12

Jogjakarta, Indonesia.

Not so long ago, me and my little sister did a trip to Jogjakarta (Jogja). Jogja is one of favorite cities of mine in Indonesia. You can always bring back old memories when you visit Jogja. It is a city in the Yogyakarta Special Region on Java in Indonesia. It is renowned as a centre of classical Javanese fine art and culture such as batik, ballet, drama, music, poetry, and puppet shows. If someone asks me to go there, I feel like an alarm telling me to go there and just shop right away. I always love buying every kind of Batik in Malioboro Street.
I don't normally visit Kraton which is located at Yogyakarta's centre, or Sultan's palace. Surrounding the kraton is a densely populated residential neighbourhood that occupies land that was formerly the Sultan's sole domain.
I only visited it when I first went to Jogja in a family trip. Same thing goes on with Borobudur, I didn't go there twice. But I and my fiance, are looking forward to see the Waisak celebration that is held in Borobudur. I once saw it in Indonesian's popular movie : Arisan. It was really beautiful on screen having to see a thousand lantern being release on the celebration day.
So here are our pictures, we actually didn't stay for a long time there, it was only for a short getaway weekend.
That's all for today, hope to catch you up again tomorrow! XOXO, Arika Indra.

3 comments:

Senjana Jingga said...

mana atuh oleh-oleh?? hahaha *pertanyaan cliche* baik-baik kabarnya, Na?

Arika Indra said...

hua baru kebaca euy ca? gimana kabarnya? baik baik alhamdulillah. sedang menuju proses terakhir yaitu sidang hehe doakan yah biar bisa cepet lulus. ica dmn skr?

Rizky Indrameikha Sugianto said...

I love the candy ring, the old shops, Ibuk's (Grandma's) home, view to the Gunung Banyak (A Mountain named Banyak) from Ibuk's backyard, remind me my childhood. missed lots of "family-togetherness". :(

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com