5/6/10

Copeland


Well, I first know this band, maybe over a year ago. I remember, it was the first week I moved here in Germany, and my room mate at that time, who happens to be one of my best friends right now, well to describe best friend as in my dictionary, is someone who always know what's been up to you lately and even in a single details, you wouldn't ever bother yourself to stayed up at night telling your day to them. Well we have never been that close enough, but I simply comfortable to call her one of my best friends. Well she's living in Indonesia at the moment, and now doing her final thesis, and hopefully she can catch up again here in Germany with me anytime soon. Well it's kinda funny to blog about her, because at the beginning we were hating each other. Well, she was kinda popular at that time, when I entered university about almost 4 years ago. She was my senior, and I'm an asshole when it comes to seniority-what-ever-it-is-called. I don't like to be around with new people and get to know them, they called me ignorant, well arrogant too at that time, and I saw this one year older senior girl, yeah I have to admit, that she was sort of pretty, and that what makes me think she's being arrogant because she's pretty and she's a senior, just like that, what ever. I was 18 at that time, so pardon me. She was in the same house I'm living right now, she was homestaying here for 1 year, and we got to meet each other for a short time, it was just like 2 weeks or less, but we had a great time, talking and confessing that we hated each other, and it was great, we talked a lot almost about everything, well, mostly about our ex-es and our bouyfriends at that moment (well at that time, I was still being in a relationship with my first bf). We spent almost every single night before we sleep, to gossip about everything, and she showed me this band, Copeland. Well I'm not so sure if she played me that first song, it was California or Brightest? I don't really remember. But it might be the first time ever I heard Copeland, and I fell out for this band.

I have to confess that I am one of that person who always put 1 song that I really love, and listen to it all over again, like everyday. I put one of Copeland's song, it's "Coffee", and it's on all-kind-of-my-playlist. Name it, it's on few of my genius playlist, and sleepe-deepy-playlist, drive and jive playlist, chilling-playlist. It's on all of them. I am in love with this song. Well, i love this kind of song actually, but it's a great song, that the lyric is way too simple, but somehow it touches the deepest way of my thinking.



Coffee by Copeland

There's plenty of time left tonight
I promised I'd have you home before daylight
We do the best we can in a small town
Act like big city kids when the sun goes down

If it's not too late for coffee
I'll be at your place in ten
We'll hit that all night diner
And then we'll see

There's so many things I have to say
I'll stay up all night to hear about your day
We do the best we can in a small town
Act like kids in love when the sun goes down

If it's not too late for coffee
I'll be at your place in ten
We'll hit that all night diner
And then we'll see

There's a love that transcends
All that we've known of ourselves
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come
Well it's got to be strong to touch my heart
Through its shell
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come

If it's not too late for coffee
I'll be at your place in ten
We'll hit that all night diner
And then we'll see

There's a love that transcends
All that we've known of ourselves
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come
Well it's got to be strong to touch my heart
Through its shell
And I'll wait for it to come
I'll wait for it to come

I couldn't bear myself for not being jealous that they are going to have this farewell tour and going to end it in Indonesia. What--up!? Yes, they are having it tomorrow 08th May 2010 in Bandung, yes they are. I came from Bandung, actually, even though I keep on telling everyone here that I live in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. Well, I should've said that, Bandung is a place where means a lot for me, I made my living there, just everything there. And there's no place I'd rather be right now, I just wanna be there, plus Copeland is having their last concert there too. So it's kinda mixed feeling between homesick and jealousy for not being able to watch their concert. Well it's totally envious (like hell), because I'm on this blackberry group messenger, and they're all my college friends who are now still living in Bandung, and they keep talking about this concert, and I crave that, like totally. But what ever it is, and whatever it takes, I'm not going to be whiny and lame and whatever, because it was my decision to move here, and I am happy with my life here, so whatever, it's just a little home sick attacking me in the middle of my boredom. Well, guys, please have so much fun watching Copeland's Farewell Concert tomorrow. Oh yes, and my best friend's name is Valentine. I hope you're okay that I blogged you, yes for some reason, I miss talking to you.

So catch up later.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a bit awkward to see you mention my name in your blog. auww...way too cute :)
and really..u've made a looaaads of cute things, that could wet my dry eyes *HAHHAA..
esp. for the birthday wish include süße videooos and also the dandelion.
thank yooooooooooouuuu

ouw nana, you must be a romantic lover :P

no need to be jealous. me myself is in Bandung and wishing like crazy to see this tour. sadly i have no one in my group who's willing to see it too. and watching a concert all by yourself isn't cool. like AT ALL!!
:(:( so saaaaaaaaaaad...

just enjoy every single moment in your life there! seeing them on youtube is though pretty cool :)
take care,nana..
even we dont talk a lot lately..you know that i care for you :)

i hope you always do well.
miss you!
- lunatic cedric :P -

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com